If you currently have your customers Credit Cards stored in a third party Gateway, you will need to work directly with them to get them securely transferred into your new USAePay Gateway. This transfer is done directly from the your legacy Gateway to USAePay to ensure PCI Compliance.
Each third party Gateway may have a slightly different process on how to complete this, however the below process is a good framework on how this process is generally done. Please also note that all Gateways are familiar with this process as they constantly transfer credit cards to/from other Gateways during the normal course of their business.
- Please obtain a VAR Sheet from you current Payment Processor for online sales also known as "card not present transactions" for use with USAePay, and provide it to your bLoyal Client Success Manager.
- bLoyal will provision your USAePay Gateway Account using this VAR Sheet.
- You will receive a welcome email from USAePay with instructions to configure your access credentials to your new Gateway. You can contact USAePay support or your bLoyal Client Success Manager who will be happy to assist you if you have any questions.
- Once you new Gateway Account is ready, you will need to contact your current Gateway to request a transfer of your current saved credit cards to USAePay. You should keep both USAePay support and your bLoyal Client Success Manager in the loop so they can assist in answering any questions that may arise during this process.
- Normally you will request the transfer of the following information:
- Card holder information
- "Account Number" (or similar identifier): This is critical as this "Account Number" should match an "Account Number" in your current solution, that will be imported as the customer "Account Number" in bLoyal. This is the only way to then link the credit cards transferred into USAePay into the customers imported into bLoyal. Please contact your bLoyal Client Success Manager if you need any assistance identifying this critical "Account Number".
- First Name
- Last Name
- Billing Address
- Credit card information
- Card Type: This would be Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, etc.
- Credit Card Number: These are the 16 digits of the credit card.
- Expiration Date: The current expiration date for the card
- Card holder information
- The next step is the direct transfer of the encrypted file between the Gateways. The two providers will exchange the appropriate encryption keys and method to transfer the file securely. Your legacy Gateway will then proceed to encrypt the information described above and send the file to USAePay.
- Once the file is received by USAePay, they will proceed to import the data received into a corresponding Customer Record, including the Account Number and will import and tokenize the credit cards.
- USAePay will then generate a Credit Card Token file for bLoyal. This file will include the following information:
- Account Number
- Card Holder Name
- Billing Address (optional)
- Card Type
- Last Four Digits of the Credit Card
- Expiration Date
- Credit Card Token
- bLoyal will then proceed to import this information into your bLoyal Account, linking your customer records in bLoyal to your tokenized credit cards in USAePay.
Once the above process is complete and you have successfully transferred your saved credit cards, you will work with your bLoyal Client Success Manager to complete and end-to-end test confirming you can charge the transferred cards successfully and you can trace the funds to your bank account.