While we provide a "standard" opt out page for your mailings many clients desire to add a bit of customization to their Opt Out page.
One reason that a custom Opt Out page might be desirable is that you want to limit the subscriber groups available for end users to remove themselves from. For example you may have a subscriber group for your Loyalty Program and one for your Mailing List. When sending emails to your Mailing List you may not want to show the Loyalty Program as an option to Opt Out of. Even the custom Opt Out pages still provide an option for end customers to Opt Out of all email, so even if you don't let them un-check a box for each subscriber group that you offer they can still "request" not to be sent any marketing emails.
- In Director, go to Channels => Legacy Web Snippets.
- Click the New button to create a new snippet.
- Enter a unique title and code (you cannot use OptOut as that is a "protected" code). Perhaps a code of UPDATE.
- Choose the type of Opt Out.
- Choose a store and device.
- Choose the subscriber groups that you would like to let your users opt out of. Some clients have various opt out snippets that they for different types of campaigns. If you have a group that you use internally and not for the purpose of sending mailings you will likely not want to select that as an option for users to opt out of.
- Click the Create button.
- At this point, the snippet will be created and ready to be edited.There will be a preview button at the top to preview what it will look like and an edit button that allows you to edit some of the content. Once you've edited it to your specifications, click save and close.
- Finally, you'll just need to select the snippet when creating your campaign. To do so, from any campaign or newsletter there's an "Opt Out Page" drop down menu. Your opt out snippet should be listed by name in this menu. Once selected, that's what your customers should see when they choose to opt out.